As always, I’d like to begin this week’s progress report by thanking all of you awesome people who’ve followed, liked and/or commented on my blog!
Here are this week’s stats:
Final Word Count for the Seventh Draft: 59,578
I am excited to say that, barring any tweaks I’ll make during the final read-through before copyright, I have another completed novel. My proofreader got my book back to me on Wednesday afternoon and I was able to apply her revisions yesterday morning before work.
I know I’ve done this all before with Credence, but this time around has felt just as daunting and scary at times. This was especially so during the editing phase. I thought it might end up being easier this time around, and it certainly was with respect to knowing what to expect. I have my routine and work flow down now. I know what order the steps are supposed to go in. But that doesn’t make any of the steps, especially the big ones, less scary.
So, aside from the last steps towards publication and launch of this book, what do I have up next? Well, the book I just completed is actually the first in a series of 3-4 books revolving around the same couple. For NaNoWriMo in November, I am planning to write the second book in their series. I’ll begin finalizing the prep I’ve already done for it in October for Prep-tober, leaving the next three months to get this first book wrapped up and ready for launch. Stay turned for more details as I’m able to share!
Goals For The Coming Week
I’ve ordered a printed copy of the final draft of this book and I plan on reading through it during the next week. The purpose of this final read-through is to catch any outstanding typos/errors and fix them before I submit it for copyright. I have a concert coming up in the middle of next week as well, so while I’m hoping to have this final read-through done this week, it may spill over a little. I’ve done so well staying on track, I’m not stressed about this if it happens.
Note to Self
Rock on, Phia. You’ve earned it and then some.